The article I just read was about a student who likes to invent something, showed off his homemade clock got handcuffed because of the view that people had about the clock. He brought his homemade clock to show people in his school, but he got a misapprehension that his clock looks like a bomb, instead of the reaction he wanted to get. The principle of his school was alarmed and called the police to check if the clock is a real bomb. The police questioned him and led him out of the school with handcuffing him.
I was quite shocked because there's a possibility that they just questioned him only because of his identity and else. People were misjudging him only by his outer identity not by the inner identity which is not fair. There are still people trying to judge people by what they see of him and by the outside of him. He said, "It made me feel like I wasn't human. It made me feel like I was a criminal", he was treated like a criminal just because he wanted to show what he can do to the people. People didn't think of his purpose but only their opinions and what they wanted to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment