Sunday, September 13, 2015

How old is the Ocean Floor?

                                                                                       
 1. Where are the oldest parts of the oceans?   
The oldest part of the oceans is around the border of the continents 
2. Do the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, and Arctic ocean basins have the same age and patterns? 
I think all of the oceans in the Earth (Pacific, Atlantic, Indian and Arctic) have the same age and patterns because as the earth was formed, after many explosions of gas, water vapor and lava, the temperature of the earth went down and the water vapor that evaporated in the air became the rain and poured down. In this process, the rain washed down the lava on the surface of the earth, then became the ocean which contained calcium, sodium and others. Therefore, the oceans were made at the same time, so their ages and the patterns are the same.
 3. How does the age of the ocean floor compare with the age of rocks on the continents?
I think the age of the rocks on the continents are older compared to the age of the ocean floor because the continents were bottom in the ocean at first and due to the consecutive volcanic activities, the continents aspired from the bottom, and became the continents. It means that the continents are older than the ocean floor. 
4. What did you learn from these activities with GeoMapApp? Did you need a lot of help from friends or your parents or teacher? What do you think helps you learn new material in science class?  
I could learn some things about the sea floor and the relationship between the age of the ocean floor and the continents with the GeoMapApp. But it was quite hard to use it, as it had many options in it. 
 I needed quite lots of help from my parents because I couldn't understand how those systems work since I didn't know anything about the ocean floor or something. 
 It was good to learn about the ocean floors and the interesting facts about the ocean and the Earth. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment