Monday, May 25, 2015

Sun Symbol (Art)

 

  Sun Symbol -Art 6

 In the art class, we finished the Name Design assignment and started a new assignment. It's about drawing the sun symbol in our own way. When I first knew what's the new assignment about, I worried because I'm not really good about making my own drawing. I mean, I usually follow the drawing on the Internet like Anime, cartoon or TV show. So I'm not really used to creating my own drawing style. 
 But, quite unexpectedly, I somehow got 4 draft ideas of the sun symbol. Mostly, I drew fire or the space because I first think about the fire when I think about the sun, as it's hot as fire. Also, the sun is in the space, I drew sun in the middle of the space and some planets around the sun. I came up with the idea that has a lion in the middle of the sun, as I failed to draw a red and yellow tiger over the sun. I chose the lion idea because it looked like my best idea and also, others recommended that idea. 
I made the rough draft to the final draft because I didn't have much time to finish both of them. So the drawing is not really clean, with many marks of pencil sketch, but I think it's okay for me. I only used the color pencils to color my final draft because I thought that the water color won't show the clear patterns of fur of the lion. That's why I used only color pencils, to show the fur very well.
 The best part of this assignment was that I could be creative as I think hard how the symbol will represent the sun well. Most of the people think about fire, hot or space as they think about the sun. But I tried to not to use those ideas because they were so common. 
 If I could make changes to my sun symbol draft, I don't think I would change anything. I really like my final draft and what I did. But I would try another idea next time because I also liked my another idea. 
 I really enjoyed this assignment, and it's shame that next art class is the last art class in grade 6. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment