Reflection of the Five Belief Systems
We learned about five major belief systems in social studies class. There are Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. They were all different in their own ways and similar in some ways. Although they are different with us and quite hard to understand, we need to understand them and respect their religion. I don't believe in any religions so to me, all of this was very new to me and helpful to learn.The most interesting aspect of Buddhism and Christianity to me, was that they are divided in different followers, although they believe in same God. There are Theravada and Mahayana Buddhists in Buddhism, both of them believe in different aspects. Also, the Christianity are divided in Catholic and Orthodox, believing in same God but different in some ways.
Also, I think the most interesting part of Islam is that how strict Islam is. Especially the forth pillar of Islam, which is Sawm. Sawm is the system that when it's month of Ramadan, the Muslims can't eat anything between dawn and sunset. After sunset, they can't eat even big meal, just a light snacks. I think Islam is quite strict with its beliefs.
The Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all came from Father Abraham, which is quite interesting that the 3 believes are from one person.
As Hinduism, the Hindus believe in the reincarnation like the Buddhists do. Both of them believe in the reincarnation, the cycle of the life. Also, there are courses in the reincarnation, like Moksha (Hinduism) is the release from the cycle of the life and union with the God. For Buddhism, it is called Nirvana.
I learned really many things helpful for me in this semester about the belief systems. I didn't know anything about the belief systems, also I didn't imagine about learning them. This was good chance to learn more about the systems to me. I really enjoyed learning about the belief systems.
No comments:
Post a Comment