PE / Health:: End of Year Reflection
It's almost end of the year. For me, as I came here in the middle of the term, I had less time with my classes. Until now, I really enjoyed PE although I spent short time in PE not as others.
"Write your favorite sports quote and tell who said it and what it means to you."
My favorite sports quote is “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” by Arnold Palmer, the American golfer. This quote, when I first saw, was quite touching and I agreed with it. I usually try my best in PE, because I enjoy it and also to improve myself even I'm losing or I'm tired. I really like sports and try to do my best.
"What does wellness mean to you?"
Wellness means an active process of becoming aware of and and making choices choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. To me, I think that wellness means the way to make you healthy and manage myself to be well. Also, the wellness is hard to follow everyday and once you don't follow it and forget about it, it's difficult to keep it. So it's good for you, but it's hard to follow everyday.
"What do you do on a daily basis to be well and healthy?"
Sometimes, I do swimming in the swimming pool in my apartment for an hour or 2 hour. But when if I have so many homework to do so I can't go swimming, I try to move around inside of house or do simple exercising to not to be fat and lazy.
Also, I try hard to eat healthily in my house. I don't really like vegetables but I try to eat them to be healthy. What I do is, I tell myself that I can eat them, they are just chocolates that taste disgusting but good for me.
"Rate your enjoyment of PE? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about PE?"
My rate for my enjoyment of PE is 5 out of 5!!! I love sports and I enjoy them all. Also, PE is my one of favorite subjects! The PE class was totally awesome as I enjoy it, and also the class is so good.
My favorite things about PE are that I can play the sports that I like, and also I like the fact that I can be more healthier than before as I exercise.
"Rate your enjoyment of Health? 1-5 (1=poor 5=awesome)
What are your favorite things about Health?"
My rate for my enjoyment of Health is 4 out of 5. The thing is that I didn't have many health classes and I started to learn about the puberty(unfortunately) so I didn't know what I usually learn about health.
"What would you change about the Health or PE program?"
I don't really want to change about neither or them as I like both of them. They are just good as usual.
"How physically active have you been this year on a weekly basis? Share as many of the sports, select teams, intramural sports or activities that you participated in this year in 6th grade. Include activities you do both in and out of school."
This year, I did swimming as I did for long time. In the school, when I was in my last school, I did 100m, 200m, 400m and 1600m running. But in my school now, I did Ultimate Frisbee, which is my favorite sports, Basketball, Touch Rugby and Flag Football. I did the Ultimate Frisbee in my last school, but I couldn't do any activities in my school now because I came here in the middle of the term.
"Finish this sentence. I am a good teammate because…"
I am a good teammate because I always try to do my best when I am playing the game. I try my best to improve my movement or win the game (because I'm quite competitive).
"How have you shown leadership this year in PE? What qualities make you a good leader?
(If you have not taken the opportunity to lead this year what you could do to improve on this next year?)"
I don't I have shown any leadership in PE as I didn't be the leader in this year because I came in the middle of the term, so I didn't have much experiences shown in PE. Also, I don't think I will be the leader afterwards. I don't really like to be a leader or like leading people to do what I think I need to do. I don't want to take responsibility as a leader of the team.
"What is your strongest area of physical fitness? (strength, flexibility, cardio respiratory endurance) Which area do you need to work on?"
I think my strongest physical fitness is cardio respiratory because I am good at running for long time and swimming. Also, I need to work on my flexibility because my body is really stiff so I can't really do single stretching..
"Why do you think being physically active is important?"
Being physically active is important because it makes us healthy and being healthy is very important for us. If we are unhealthy we will get sick and even worse, perhaps cause of the death.
"How stressed have you been this semester?"
I was stressed quite much because when I came SAS in this semester, I couldn't get used to it and I missed my last school so much, I was really depressed. I felt really lonely everyday and I just stuck in my room, lying down on my bed, thinking about my last school.
"What two strategies work best for you to reduce stress?"
When I try to reduce stress, I usually play with my friends, listening to music or draw something. But the two best strategies are playing with my friends or listening to music. Whenever I play with my friends, I just forget everything sad and just enjoy myself. Also, when I listen to music, I feel very comfortable and it helps me to think.
No comments:
Post a Comment